Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baby Steps...Taking my first step

This is my first step at Blogging, and I am so excited! I'm still trying to make everything work the way I want it to, so please bear with me. I wanted to start this blog because I love to go to flea markets, garage/tag/estate sales finding wonderful treasures for my home. Even better if they are a bit chippy, worn, used or shall we say well loved by their previous owners. I hope to share ideas, favorite things and inspirations with other wonderful women in the blogging world. I have been following a few of you ladies already and enjoy visiting your beautiful sites and sharing in your world. Thanks for your inspirations, beautiful places and for sharing your talents. I want to say a special Thank You to Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams as her blog was the first one I discovered quite by accident. I had googled "Cottage" looking for ideas as I was in the process of re-decorating my sons' bathroom and her site was the first. I was pleasantly surprised by her wonderful blog. If you haven't already, stop by and see her. While tip toeing through her site I stumbled onto some other wonderful blogs and was hooked! I had hoped to start my first post yesterday, but it was such a great day for yard sales and flea markets I couldn't resist a good day of shopping. Here are a couple of the treasures I found.....












This pretty antique vanity has a special place in my bedroom!!












The two shabby french chairs and rose picture will keep the vanity company in my room too! I can hardly wait to put it all together. The cabinet with the vintage window as its door, may go into my livingroom.


I also purchased a pink rag rug (my favorite) a wooden tray, a small pitcher with flowers on the front and a small wooden frame. I hope to have a picture of them soon to share with you.




Until then.....Toni

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very pretty. Please come for a visit with me at The Serenity Gate. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni! Awww...you have such wonderful treasures to fill your home with gorgeousness!!!
    LOVE that dresser!! Very French...ooo, la la!!

    I see you are a California girl! Me, too. Born and raised and never have left the sunshine state. However, many many moons ago, I was engaged to a young man who almost charmed me to move to Coure'd'Laine (sp?) and things just weren't meant to be with him.

    So happy to meet you and thank you so much for your sweet words! You will have fun blogging and meeting kindred spirits from ALL OVER the world. Your blog is gorgeous! I love the chippy paint and the pink accents. What a fine job you did putting it all together.

    ((hugs)) and warm wishes to you and yours,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

My door is always open & I hope you will come by often to visit, maybe have a cup of coffee or tea with me. ~Hugs, Toni~