Saturday, September 19, 2009

A little bit of Junk & a Reminder...

Finally. . . some much needed JUNK!!! I can honestly say that it feels like I have stopped at 100 yard sales . . . 97 of them were not worth the gas to get there! I don't know if any of you are having trouble finding any good JUNK, but around here it is slowing down! I was about ready to throw in the towel and call it an end to the yard sales for this year when I found one worth stopping at!





I picked up this great vintage door, complete with original hardware! Woo Hoo! Then I found the loverly blue bench, that is about 7' long! I love the chippyness of it :) The next two items in the photo made my little heart go pitter patter....an old Victorian lamp shade frame and a piece of vintage bead board! I picked up everything very CHEAP! Yes, I'm doing the happy dance :)






I picked up these little jewels this morning at a yard sale advertising "antiques". I love the three vases, especially the two white ones. I will probably put the blue one in the bathroom. And the roosters I will add to the ones I already have. Since I have more than 3 roosters, I can safely say I have a collection! :)





Here is the best part......I bought the vase on the left at a fantastic price and the gentleman having the sale said he would give me the one on the right for FREE because it had a chip! Ever heard of turning it around so the chip doesn't show?? LOL, that's what I will be doing with it :)





These next two items were bought brand new, I couldn't resist. . . adding to my collection of roosters. . . and both were 40% off!! Their original price was good but I won't complain about the better price!!

The candelabra I will paint black for the Halloween.





These loverly jewels were purchased at the thrift store. I LOVE the pear bowl and ceramic pear!! The big white bowl, frame and two plates were from one of my favorite stores and also 40% off !! and you can't see it but the plate in back has a rooster in the center of it!!! I admit it I love roosters!





Close up of my beautiful pears!! I'm loving the white of it all!!!






That is all the treasures I was able to get this weekend. I'm tellin' you, if I hadn't been able to find any junk this weekend. . . .I don't know what I would have done. Maybe it was the Junkin' Angel who was looking out for me :)


REMINDER. . . . . .My Giveaway ends tomorrow, Sunday Sept. 20th at Noon. I will draw a name at that time, so if you haven't entered, go here and enter. I have picked up a couple more items that I'm including in the giveaway. . . .they are a SURPRISE!!! Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments!
Until Later,
~Toni~








6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you had the BEST time junking! SO exciting!! fantastic finds... i'm dancing for you!!! :)
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have taken you awhile but in the end you found some great stuff! Can't wait to see what you do with all your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great finds!!!!!
    i have not had great luck this summer either!!!!!
    i did find a few things last weekend for a quarter each!!!!!!
    LOVE the bench and the door!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lovin' all of the white!!! And the door.ahhhhh love 'em so much I have a few in my crap shed.. yes I said crap shed cause it is full of junk ha ha!!!
    Happy junkin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you certainly ended your junk drought with a bang! The door is amazing, and the bench, oh my gosh the bench! What a beautiful shade of blue! And the vases and roosters are driving me nuts!
    I agree with you about the sales right now. Alot of them have baby items, which is great but I don't need any of that! I guess I shouldn't complain. I've found alot of goodies that make me happy this garage saling season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you sure did well with you shopping! I love it all especially that great old door.

    Have a nice Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

My door is always open & I hope you will come by often to visit, maybe have a cup of coffee or tea with me. ~Hugs, Toni~